Happy 2013, everyone! Hope you all aren’t too hung over from partying last night. ;) Mom and I rang in the new year by watching “I, Robot”, drinking hot chocolate, and eating buñuelos, which are a traditional Mexican holiday dessert made out of fried flour tortillas coated in cinnamon sugar. So good! Then we went to Mass this morning at our beautiful parish. Not a bad way to start off 2013, if you ask me. :)
I’ve never been a huge fan of New Year’s resolutions, but everyone’s doing all these cool posts about how they met their goals from last year, and I’m a little jealous! ;) So here are some of my goals for 2013, in no particular order:
1. Blog at least once a week, aside from 7 Quick Takes and What I Wore Sunday type posts. I had another blog before this one, and it died. Mainly because I never posted anything in there. Oops. I’m shooting for posting at least 3 times a week, but we’ll see.
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week. This will be a vast improvement from the amount I currently work out, which is exactly never.
3. Learn to cook. Or: the entire purpose of this blog! I really want to know how to make more than fideo and scrambled eggs by the time 2014 rolls around.
4. Pray at least Lauds and Vespers every day.
5. Re-read all the books I own. Or, just read more in general. I’m shooting for at least 2 books a month.
6. Learn to sew my own clothes. This has been a goal of mine for years, but it keeps getting shoved aside. Not this year! I fully expect to get my call to be on Project Runway by the end of the year…not. :/
7. Start attending daily Mass again. I used to go every single day before I moved, but sleep wins a lot of the time. Okay. All of the time.
8. Socialize more. I am NOT an introvert, but I have yet to make any friends good enough to hang out with outside of work. That’s got to change!
9. Catch up on my Read the Catechism emails, and stay caught up!
10. Do more embroidery and drink more tea. Preferably at the same time. :)
Here’s to a happy New Year’s day, and a blessed, grace-filled 2013!